Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Feel Pretty

No Pain No Gain...
No wonder women have earned a few nicknames that are less than complementary. Pain is the name of the game if you are female. I won't even go into having a baby or the monthly blahs that we have each and every month until our bodies decide to go haywire with menopause. What I 'm talking about is a beauty regimen called FACIALS . I cannot BELIEVE that women actually have this done on a regular basis and pay mucho bucks for also! What I unknowingly got myself into was a simple little procedure called "micro-abrasion" I should of checked into the abrasion part a little closer. After a nine-plus hour waitress shift I was eager for my relaxing "treat". Little did I know what was in store for me. Soon, my already sweaty face from an extra long work day would have hot steam blasting directly at me (foreshadowing the fun that was yet to come). Not so bad I thought, sort of relaxing....until the "scalpel" or some sort of metal apparatus came out to seek and pop every last little black head or pimple on my face. Once done with that procedure, the "mini-me" of belt sanders was fired up to buff away a layer of skin. I can best describe that as a thorough licking by a cat with a very rough tongue.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

No comments: