Sunday, September 05, 2004

Letting Good In

Having just returned from a wonderful little hike in Portland's Washington Park (we like to explore the trails at the Hoyt Arboretum) I am filled with gratitude for the awesome beauty that this world has to offer. Walking amongst the trees with my friend Nate and Lucy the dog, I was finally able to take a few deep breaths, (actually I took more than a few since I am a tad out of shape!) and let some positive thoughts in.

There is alot of woes in the world.

Children being held hostage and killed at school in Russia, hurricanes destroying peoples homes and dreams in Florida, politicians saying whatever it takes to get elected but deep down you know that they most likely don't give a damn whether you have health coverage or not....and on and on.

So when I get a chance to go out and let peaceful good feelings sink in that I get from a walk in the woods, I do. Maybe I can't do much to help/and or fix the woes in the world, however I do know that by allowing good in, some is bound to come out. This moment is all we actually can do anything about so why not do all I can to make it one that adds a plus instead of a minus in the whole scheme of things? I need all the help I can get. A quiet walk in the woods is a good start.

No comments: