Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Looking For Work

Looking for "A JOB" sucks. Especially when due to circumstances happen beyond ones control create what the job industry calls "gaps" in your work history. You know those times in your life when you are busy just surviving at some crap job hoping you can get far enough ahead to find a less crappy job and so on and so on. "Gaps" is actually a nice way to phrase it. However when one has these on their resume and even worse has numerous jobs in a short frame of time... the Human Resource Lord looks upon these as deeming you unsuitable to be worthy of an interview.
I was blessed to be fired the day after Christmas. Yea, the day after the holiday that celebrates all that is good in mankind. (Unless Scrooge was your employers idol) I say I was blessed because this job was one of crappier jobs I have endured. I was released and set free. Yay! Broke, worried, and ego slightly bruised but free. I cannot believe that I actually allowed some small minded person to belittle me and treat me disrespectfully for so long.
My days are now spent filling out forms trying to convince someone out there that I AM WORTHY! I am really! I multitask, have an attention to detail, and a sense of humor and most importantly I will perform my duties to the best of my ability even if my supervisor is an asshole. O.K. I realize that I am using this blog to vent a bit. I believe I am allowed. I got a wrong number today on my cell phone. She sounded official. When she called back again I asked her if somehow she had gotten my name mixed up with another person and did she have a job? I wanted to tell her DON'T HANG UP!! I am worthy to talk to about the position! It was just a wrong number. At that moment I realized that this job search thing was consuming me and that I had to let it go and trust.

Trust that a power much larger than JobDango had my best interests at heart and that all will be as it is meant to be and it will be good, and respectful and fulfilling. Yes, I am worthy.

No comments: