Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lucy the Dog

Lucy did not know she was a dog.
The furry appearance, wagging tail, wet black nose...all gave the appearance of doggyhood.
Lucy was so much more.
We humans all read about how we can be BETTER at being a human. More kind, more loving, more decent. Isn't it interesting to note that dogs do not need to read up on these things, listen to tapes or attend workshops.
They just are.
A kinder, more loving, more decent more forgiving human I have not encountered.
I consider myself lucky that she blessed my life for ten years. I was a tough "assignment". Lucy witnessed many things that most humans would shake their heads in judging disbelief. Lucy offered unconditional, loving, friendship. She knew when a walk would benefit me more than her, and with a knowing wag of her tail could coax me out of the darkest of thoughts to take her out.
I miss her.
I read somewhere that all dogs go to heaven...
I do not doubt that. Lucy wore her wings every day during her too brief of stay here with me.



Lucy's Favorite Song written for her by Nate, Laura and Shiloh
Tucson, Arizona summer 2005

Lucy Bucy Bucy the Dog.
Lucy Bucy Bucy the Dog.
She likes to take her monkeys everywhere.


She likes to howl in the car.
She thinks shes a real rock star.
She brightens every minute every day...


It doesn't matter how late you sleep,
She greets you in the morning.

It doesn't matter what mood you're in,
She brings you a monkey.

Lucy Bucy Bucy the Dog.
Lucy Bucy Bucy the Dog.
She likes to take her monkeys everywhere.

No comments: