Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Automotive Philosopher

"You do not need to be sick to get better."

Now I think that sounds very "profound". Especially since I saw it all bold and out there written in funky black all capitol letters. You know, the boards that automotive places use to advertise their specials. Churches are also known to put "profound" messages for all to see utilizing the same funky black all capitol letters. I think the signs in front of the automotive places probably get read more. The words may be similar, however they just seem less judgmental located in front of a building that has broken down cars versus a "come in my brethren" pristine building.

So how DO those mechanics get to be so wise and articulate? Maybe it's because as a rule they are much deeper philosophically than outward appearances?? Hmmm working on a car WOULD give a person ample time to ponder the deeper questions of the universe. And cars do not jibber jabber back at you which allows for a quieter meditative atmosphere.


Maybe I should learn how to work on a car so I can find the answer?

In the meantime next time you drive by one of those automotive repair places take the time to READ their message.

You just might learn something.

**Just read a new one that I could identify with:
"Procrastinate now~don't put it off!"

here's another one: (same mechanic, different day)
"Never rationalize anything that feels wrong"

can you believe it? 11/22/09 this one is from the same mechanic!:
"Never surrender your dreams to noisy negatives."

13 February 2011
I had to add a couple more philosophical musings to this blog! 

"You don't just deal with adversity you use it to propel you forward."

"I hate the moment in an argument when I realize I am wrong."

Our personal mechanic Jake may not offer to the universe wise words of wisdom (at least not on a public board that I know of) however, we are most grateful that he and his team are the best with our vehicles ailments. 

No comments: