Wednesday, December 10, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

French pressed Stumptown coffee.
The smell of evergreens in our very cold, damp little Portland apt.
Hand-made snowflakes silently moving from the ceiling (it FEELS cold enough to snow in here!)
Decorating a gingerbread house.
Kazoo caroling. (can't sing)
Colorful lights.
People being kind,
loving
and jolly.
Music of the season...sort of picky though
I like the "croon and swoon" Rosemary Clooney era AND
Trans Siberian Orchestra AND
Rennaisance era Christmas carols
Baking
Watching Classic Holiday movies with my dog, my kat, my partner... and a warm blanket.

Remembering.

"Never a Christmas morning
Never the old year ends
But someone thinks of someone
Old days, old times, old friends."

These are just a few of my Favorite Things

No comments: