Monday, January 16, 2012

Vision Board

I did it.
I finally made a Vision Board.  
It actually took me several days to select the images from all the magazines I had gathered together.  Sometimes...and it's been more often than not lately, my thoughts and what is appealing to me is not what I would like to look at each day.  The "visions" that creep into my head with the persistence of weeds that are determined to over-run even the most beautiful garden are not the pictures that dreamers have.  They are images of:
Hopelessness.
Mistake.
Bother.
Pain.
Darkness.
So I waited until the dark thoughts passed, and they usually do, and created a board that hopefully will help to make this year one that I can reflect back on with smiles instead of remorse for days gone by wasted in a dark abyss.
Depression is one of those things that most people would rather not talk about.  You can "see" it in a person's eyes if you take the time to ask them how they are doing. When asked how they are most will generally answer "great" or "couldn't be better" but if you look into their eyes and get a glimpse of their soul you can "see" their pain, if it is there. 
Sometimes all it takes to help a person to begin to move out of that pain zone is just a look that lets them know that you understand and if you do happen to encounter someone whose candle is barely flickering...then use your candle to help theirs to burn brighter.
Who knows, there may come a time when a wind might be threatening your light and the person whose candle you re-lit will be able to return the favor in kind.

Here's to a 2012 that is full of light, love and endless possibilities!

Vision Board 2012




2 comments:

Susan Fields said...

I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad you got your vision board made and I really hope your 2012 is a year of light and love!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Lots of us struggle with depression. I think your vision board is a wonderful idea. A constant visual reminder of where you want to be mentally. WTG! (hugs)