Monday, January 12, 2009

The Domino Effect

It happens all the time. With me it usually starts out first thing in the morning. Forget the "good intentions" of beginning my day, waking up slowly and easing into it with a bit of quiet reflection...
First the cat either decides to lick my arm (with her sand-paper little tongue) which in turn wakes up the dog, whom we REALLY try not to wake up until at the very EARLIEST 5:45 a.m.
Which then means the dog will start her click-click click-yty pacing until someone gets her ready to go outside.
All of that wakes up MY own addiction for a cup of Stumptown coffee...SO might as well stay awake, feed the dog and start the coffee.
It doesn't end there.
Remember the afore mentioned "domino effect"? Keeping that in mind I should know not to attempt something too technical like entering something in my planner and then deciding to White it Out. White Out is great, and is a remarkable invention, however one should note that if one drops an extra blob they should NOT use their finger to wipe it up. I now have FIVE fingers that have traces of whiteness all over them as the stuff does NOT rinse out well. It is not as evil as super glue, however it does stick and spread when it comes in contact with water.
Oh well.
I guess I could hope that this "domino effect" could turn into really good, great and fun things happening one after the other throughout my day.
For some reason it usually doesn't happen that way, does it?

45minutes later...
It, (being the White Out) is on the soap pump, and on the faucet handles, oh and I found a smudge on the door knob.
And so it goes.

No comments: