Monday, March 04, 2013

Early Spring~Worse Than a Woman PMS'ing

Seedy Cafe Spring? 2013
That's right.
Early Spring weather is like that.  I don't think of myself as a traitor (to my fellow females)...I think of myself as more of a realist.
EARLY SPRING WEATHER can be wonderful and it can be quite crappy.  And it can change in the matter of moments.
The sun breaks through, the crocus bloom and then it rains.  Or hails. Or snows.
Just like that.
To my way of thinking I would prefer to not get my hopes up and continue my hibernation until the weather truly decides to play nice.  For example the other day I was pleasantly surprised (and to be honest a bit dismayed as well) to see a forecast of sunny high of 60 degree weather.  Mind you, the forecast did not commit itself to how long it would stay like that.  It appeared to be long enough to challenge myself to venture outside and do a bit of pruning, weeding and raking.  I was hoping to be able to put it all off until at least mid March, but what the heck, the sun was beckoning (or shaming?) me to go outside.
I do not know if I was more disheartened or relieved when the sunny day turned cloudy and COLD before I could even fill up my compose barrel. 
It's working outside on days such as those that one does not know if they need gardening gloves or mittens, a sweatshirt or a parka.
And so it goes.
I now totally understand why everyone loves Punxsutawney Phil so much. (he is "The Groundhog", or at least one of the few weather-predicting ones that inhabit the United States and Canada) who help us humans with the is it Spring or is it Winter conundrum.

This YouTube Video is a great visual aid to enlighten those of you how these furry guys do what they do.         http://bit.ly/VvhBjh  

Since this whole is it time to go outside or not has really got me in a bit of a state I think I will have to deal with it as I often do when I am PMS-ing.
Eat chocolate instead. 



No comments: