Friday, April 26, 2013

Smelling Spring

I just finished up with my first official drag the hose around "watering".
I have extreme gratitude for water and wonder if the plants up here appreciate it as well. I realize how lucky they are (even if they do not) to have a nice drink of H2O when the sun is causing them to wilt up a tad.

Oh yes..the SMELLS, I was going to write about the scents that are so wonderful this time of year.
As I was watering it seemed as though the water magically awakened the smell of everything that it touched.
Grass smells good, but the scent of wet grass is unbelievably extra special.
Add a blooming lilac tree or a soon to be blossoming jasmine to the outside watering experience and it can become a most meditative moment.

I feel truly blessed to be able to be able to enjoy this little corner of the world that produces such vibrant colors and scents as the plants awaken from their winter slumber.
Not even my seasonal allergies with its sniffing and sneezing can diminish the awesomeness of it all.

No comments: